Modern businesses are overburden with data flows from a variety of digital marketing channels. Most of them have to face complex market dynamics and the pressure of increasing level of ROI. Therefore, a number of B2B companies implement marketing automation platforms to easily create complex, multilevel customer ecosystems.
One of these solutions is bpm’online. The system is aimed at automation of repeated daily tasks for successful lead management. CRM-oriented tools of bpm’online allow the sales reps focus on sales-ready leads only. They do not have to waste time on monotonous tasks like sending hundreds of emails to perspective customers or answering the same questions. Besides, with the help of this platform, companies can maintain a constant and profitable dialogue with their clients. They get the opportunity to network face-to-face with the most profitable customers. The interface of this marketing automation platform is universal: the sales department agents can use it on their laptops, tablets, and smartphones. No matter what gadget they choose for the work, their user experience will be always the same.
Key Functions of B2B Marketing Automation Platforms
If you’re looking for the marketing automation software, our report will be very useful for your decision-making process. First, let’s consider the major possibilities and opportunities of such systems: ultimately, they offer marketers the ability to create, monitor, and manage numerous digital campaigns, and track the flow of leads. They provide businesses with a variety of tools to collect and store the data received from different channels, develop their campaigns, analyze their ROI and report on the firm’s progress.
In general, any marketing automation platform offers sales departments three core capabilities:
- tracking website visitors;
- email marketing management;
- development of centralized marketing database.
Naturally, most vendors offer companies a variety of auxiliary tools, which can be either included in the basic price or provided at additional charge. The list of such services includes a system designer, a tool for data import from/to different files, a tool for synchronization and time transfer, etc.
Advantages of B2B Marketing Automation Platforms
Irrespectively of your organization’s size, marketing experience, and business profile, the software of the kind can provide you the following benefits:
- It increases marketing efficiency.
- It lets companies generate more leads.
- This software provides sales departments with a 360-degree customer view.
- It is useful for setting of sales and marketing objectives.
- Every marketing automation platform has a number of tools for improvement of lead conversion and return on investment.
How to Implement B2B Marketing Automation Software
Choosing a right platform will likely result in a long-term success. We’d like to offer you the three steps, which can guide any company to a favorable implementation of the marketing automation software.
№1. Choose the right time for implementation.
The best period of time is:
- When the firm is in its start-up mode. It is the period of quick changes and new tasks; therefore such a platform can smooth the path and let your employees work more effectively.
- When the company has a serious increase in marketing investment. In this case, the chosen marketing automation platform will ensure that your investments correspond to the results.
- When you find yourself outgrowing manual processes. The system you’re going to implement will let your staff perform more tasks without serious time loss.
- When you see that your company has too many different tools. The marketing automation software will save you the necessity to manage varied touch points and reconcile customer information flows from different channels.
- When the company experiences lead overflow. It is not infrequent that marketing efforts generate more leads than the sales force can handle with. In such situations, CRM-oriented tools can ensure that you will not lose prosperous and ready-to-buy leads.
№2. Be attentive to details.
It may sound strange, but a lack of attention to details is the major cause of failure while implementing a new marketing automation platform. In order to evade this problem, you should begin with acquisition. Talk to the members of your sales department and agree on the specific business goals your company is focused on. Do not regard the software of the kind as a standard email system – it is a complex, multi-functional, yet perspective solution that demands serious attitude from every member of your business.
Check the way your marketing funnel functions, choose the most productive lead generation tactics, and look through the ways your employees promote your services and goods. Ask yourself a number of serious questions – and try to be as honest as possible. How do you qualify leads? How do you nurture them? How can you measure conversion ratios? The list of questions goes on in accordance with your business purposes and demands.
№3. Create a project plan.
Remember that it should include the following points:
- Conduct an audit of existing processes, choose the areas that need improvements, and set the goals and requirements to the software you are going to use.
- Selection of the vendor. This process must include a trial period, so that you could make sure that the solutions you are estimating meet the goals defined on the stage of planning.
- Implementation of the marketing automation platform. It is the final step of your project. Now, you should make sure that the chosen system can be easily integrated with other business solutions you have already implemented. Introduce all the lead scoring and routing processes and help your employees get used to the new tools.